Clean, safe and friendly - those are words that describe our Long Island and Queens communities. That's why Oilheat is the perfect fuel for our Suffolk County, Nassau County and Queens friends and neighbors.
Oilheat is safe.
- It will not burn in a liquid state. In order to light heating oil on fire, you must heat it above 140 degrees, the temperature at which it begins to vaporize.
- There are visible warnings if there is a malfunction. With home heating oil systems, carbon monoxide leaks rarely happen without warning. If an Oilheat system should malfunction, it will release smoke or soot as a visible warning; these serve as early indicators that something is wrong, long before dangerous levels of carbon monoxide can be released into the air.
- It is non-explosive. A match dropped into heating oil will go out as if it were dropped into water.
Oilheat is "green."
- It burns cleanly. Today's Oilheat burns 95 percent cleaner than in 1970. Since it burns so cleanly, it comes well within the air pollution standards set by the Environmental Protection Agency. Low-sulfur products and biofuels, such as those made from soybeans, will further reduce the already near-zero emissions.
- It is kind to the environment. Residential heating oil equipment creates such a negligible amount of emissions that heating oil is not even regulated by the Federal Clean Air Act.
Oilheat is dependable.
- It offers dependable and safe storage. With Oilheat, you benefit from having your fuel source safely stored in a tank on your property, with no need to worry about the weather or disruptions in the fuel supply.
- There will always be a plentiful supply. Even during the coldest winter months, there's more than enough Oilheat for everyone. In fact, the United States has a Strategic Petroleum Reserve with a capacity of 727 million barrels - the world's largest emergency oil stockpile - in addition to a two-million-barrel heating oil reserve. There are over 50 oil producing countries, and the U.S. is not dependent on any one country or region for its supply.
- It can be blended with domestically produced biofuel. The fossil fuel component of heating oil is now supplemented by domestically grown, plant-based biofuels that are renewable. Researchers are developing technologies to extract biofuel from non-food plants such as algae to ensure a plentiful, cost-effective supply.
- You can rely on us! Windsor Fuel offers dependable, courteous personalized service - with around-the-clock emergency response and the personal attention every customer deserves.
Oilheat is economical
- The price is right. On a BTU-for-BTU basis, Oilheat was priced lower than utility gas in New York in 12 of the 20 years from 1991 to 2010.
- Competition keeps prices in check. Competition among local Oilheat companies helps to ensure a better value. But even more importantly, Windsor Fuel offers full service benefits that add value to every gallon of fuel you use (see below). And, unlike some of our competitors, we don't play "bait-and-switch" with our prices.
Oilheat is efficient.
- Oilheat is hot! Of all heating fuels, Oilheat has the hottest flame - for satisfying warmth, and rapid space and hot water heating.
- Oilheat systems are super-efficient! Thanks to major advancements being made in Oilheat burner technology, some Oilheat systems now boast efficiency ratings of over 95 percent! Modern Oilheat equipment actually burns less fuel. The average annual fuel consumption in 1973 was 1,294 gallons; and now it is only 833 gallons - that's 35 percent less fuel.
Oilheat offers value-added full service.
- Windsor Fuel offers you a host of products and services to help you use less energy and save more money, including heating and cooling equipment installation, maintenance and repair; comprehensive service contracts; convenient payment and price protection options; and so much more.