Windsor Can Help Clear the Air!
The air inside your home may be even worse than the air outside, especially if you are among America's 40 million allergy sufferers. Add in the fact that we spend 90 percent of our time within our home's four walls, and indoor air quality becomes a major concern.
What are some causes of poor indoor air quality?
- Tobacco smoke
- Dust mites found in bedding
- Dander from household pets
- Formaldehyde from carpeting, upholstery and wall paneling
- Fumes from household products including: paints, paint strippers, and other solvents; aerosol sprays; cleansers and disinfectants; etc.
- Mold and mildew found in wet or moist walls, ceilings, carpets, and furniture; as well as poorly maintained humidifiers, dehumidifiers, and air conditioners
- Combustion pollutants from fuel burning appliances such as space heaters, ranges, ovens, stoves, furnaces, fireplaces, water heaters and clothes dryers
How does poor indoor air quality affect people?
- Irritated eyes
- Runny nose
- Nasal congestion
- Scratchy throat
Poor indoor air quality can also trigger asthma attacks as well as serious illnesses in immunocompromised individuals, the elderly and very young children.
Improving your indoor air quality
The best way to remove airborne contaminants and purify home air is with a whole-house air cleansing system that works hand-in-hand with a central heating or air conditioning system. By using the same system that moves heated and/or cooled air through your home, you address contamination throughout the house. These systems use a variety of techniques to decontaminate your air, including fine particle filters, ionization and ultraviolet lights.
Balancing indoor humidity
A central humidifier will keep you and your family more comfortable and protect your furniture and woodwork from the ravages of dry air. A humidification system can even save you money, because properly humidified air feels warmer than dry air does, so you can lower your thermostat without feeling colder. We install central humidification systems that work with your heating and/or cooling system to improve the humidity level throughout the home.
Need more information on our indoor air quality solutions? Contact us!