Windsor Fuel deeply cares about protecting the environment for future generations - and that is why we are extremely pleased to introduce clean and green Bioheat® fuel to all our customers. There are so many benefits to using this eco-friendly fuel:
You’re a Net-Zero Hero™ With Windsor Fuel
Our company delivers B20 Bioheat® Fuel, which reduces carbon emissions by 15 percent. We’re already ahead of the home heating industry’s timeline to reduce emissions which plans for all heating oil to be B20 by 2023. We expect to be able to lead the way to B40 before 2040, and are working with industry leaders and our providers to have a 100 percent renewable, net-zero emissions fuel for your home by 2050.
When You Use Our Bioheat® Fuel, You Qualify for the Maximum Allowable NY State Tax Credit
As you might already know, New York State offers a tax credit for customers who use biofuels to heat their homes. The tax credit equals one cent per percentage of biofuel that’s blended with heating oil – starting at 6 cents per gallon and capping out at 20 cents per gallon.
Our customers can potentially receive $200 in tax credits for every 1,000 gallons of Bioheat fuel they purchase from us!
This New York State tax credit will be available through 2020. To properly computer the amount of credit allowed, you should have an invoice or bill that includes the following information:
- Date of purchase
- Number of gallons of Bioheat fuel purchased
- Percentage of biodiesel (20% for Windsor Fuel customers!)
We will be happy to provide you with a statement of your usage for the year. Simply complete our contact form and we will mail this information to you. To receive a tax credit, you should file a Claim for the Clean Heating Fuel Credit along with your tax return.
Download your individual Bioheat® fuel tax form here.
Download the instructions for filling out the individual Bioheat® fuel tax form here.
Download your corporate Bioheat® fuel tax form here.
- Bioheat® fuel is domestically produced using biodiesel made from American grown resources like soybeans - which helps support our nation's farmers and reduces our dependence on foreign energy sources.
- Bioheat® fuel has the highest BTU content of any alternative fuel, for more efficient burning and satisfying warmth.
- Biodegradable, renewable and non-toxic, Bioheat® fuel burns cleaner than "regular" Oilheat (which is already amazingly clean!). It contains almost no sulfur, and significantly reduces particulates and greenhouse gases that lead to global warming.
- Bioheat® fuel lubricates heating system parts more thoroughly and efficiently, helping to reduce the number of service calls needed annually.
- Bioheat® fuel costs about the same as "regular" Oilheat - and you get a tax credit (see below).
- Bioheat® fuel requires no burner, boiler/furnace or tank modification. And you won't have to change your budget plan, payment plan, service contract or warranties.
- Bioheat® fuel is delivered to you in the same manner as "regular" Oilheat. And, as with "regular" Oilheat, we offer automatic delivery, so you won't have to worry about running out.
To order Bioheat® fuel from Windsor Fuel, click here.